Athletics Reflection 2017

2017 Athletics Reflection


Write your reflection on your participation, effort and performance in the 2017 Athletics competitions.


You could reflect on these questions.
  1. How well did I use a growth mindset to stay positive when the competition got tough?
  2. Did I manage to achieve my athletics goals and why/why not?
  3. In what ways did I represent my House well in the competition?
  4. What did I do well and how do I know?
  5. What was challenging and how do I know?
  6. What am I most proud of and why?


Start your writing here:
We started off at long jump with Mr. Muller. It took a long time to get started because some people were being rude and not listening. So when we did get started I was second. I didn’t get much time to see people’s tactics, so i just went. On my first jump I got 2.74 metres. That was the highest so far. (Because I was the second person that had gone) After a little while waiting it was my turn again. I got a shorter run up because I thought that would help, and it did! I got 23 more centimetres more than my first jump.


Next we had Discus. Our instructor was Mr. Brown. First we had to wait for about 12 minutes because he still had half of his group left to do their last shot. When it was finally our turn I hit first place easily and stayed there for 14 more turns until someone overtook it. In my second turn I got worse than my first throw because someone nudged me before I threw ):


Then we had morning tea. Straight after that we had sprints. I didn’t run because I hurt my back the week before. After that, we had high jump. It didn’t start off very well, because I didn’t get across on my first jump. But then I got it and jumped all the way up to 1.6 metres.


The next day we had shot put. That was our last activity in athletics. There were three lines to mark our shots, I got just on the third line. But it counted as 2 points, not three. My second shot was nearly the same. It was all so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment